Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Sephora came!

So after almost 3 weeks of waiting, my Sephora box came yesterday! Longest wait ever, as it got searched at the border. I got the Sephora Favorites LashStash Deluxe Sampler, Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip Deluxe Sampler, Sephora Mineral Powder Foundation and Mineral Matte Setting Powder, Sephora Eyeshadow Transformer, and Sephora Vanilla Cupcake Dry Oil (not in the pictures). It was also my birthday month, but I have a pretty precise hair and skin regimen, so I got the men's gift (face cleanser and shave gel) for Kyle. I was very surprised to see some full sized bottles and larger sampler's in the boxes.

Since there isn't a photo of it, I thought I'd let you know that the Vanilla Cupcake Dry Oil is amazing! It was on sale for $5, so I thought I'd give it a try. I find it's very hard to find good scented vanilla or cupcake products, but this stuff is amazing! It has a small hint of almond scent in it as well. It doesn't have a lasting moisturizing effect, but is it worth it for the scent!I am in love with these! The lipgloss was $33.00 CAD and the mascara was $45.00 CAD. I've already tried out all the lipgloss', but not any of the mascara's.













I didn't swatch and show the very first lip gloss, as it's clear. It's CoverFX Mint Glaze FX. It's one of my favorites from the set. I used it two or three times yesterday, and even after the first time my lips felt so much better. It's a lip treatment as well as lip primer. I also love the subtle tingle from it.

1 - Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Radiant - This gloss has moderate pigment, but loads of shimmer and sparkle. It goes on with a little bit of purple pigment. It has kind of a chocolate smell.
2 - Lorac Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss in Cliche - The picture doesn't do this justice, but the whole line is very sparkley, very pigmented, and holographic. It's a really neat look, and I love how holographic it is. The Cliche colour is also a very bright pink, but as the light hits it, it has hints of purple and blue in the holographics. It also smells a bit like bubblegum.
3 - Buxom Lips in Roxanne - This is very thick and super pigmented. It goes on as a rusted brown, and looks amazing! I wasn't sure when I sampled it on my hand, but after applying it I fell in love! It has a cappuccino scent.
4 - Tarte Vitamin Infused Lipgloss in 40 Winks - This has little to no pigment, and very little sparkle. It does however make the lips feel great, and smells fruity and delicious!
5 - Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Tease - This has moderate pigment, no sparkle. It goes on with a dark purple with little a touch of red in it.
6 - Two Faced Glamour Gloss in Sex Pot - I didn't find this to have any pigment, no sparkle, just shine. I'm not a huge fan, it just seems like a regular lipgloss.
7 - Tarte Rise and Shine Lipgloss and Lipstain in Cherry - This gloss and stain go so great together! The red isn't too powerful, but very pigmented. Quite the perfect red, I feel it would look good on anyone! The stain isn't as runny as most I've used before, which made it easier to apply. The gloss matches perfect, and adds a great glossy shine.
8 & 9 - Sephora Collection Super Shimmer in Rusted Rose and Pink Ballerina - The rusted rose had decent pigment, but the pink ballerina did not. I already had a set of 12 other ones from this collection of gloss, and I wasn't really a big fan. There's a few colours I like, but for the most part they are just a basic gloss.

I think the Mint GlazeFX, Smashbox in Radiant, Lorac 3D in Cliche, and Tarte Stain and Gloss in Cherry are my favorites!

I haven't used any of these, but I have looked at the brushes! I'm just going to let you guys know what kind these are, and what I've heard.
1 - Tarte MultiplEye Lash Enhancing - Pretty basic mascara, free of harsh chemicals
2 - Sephora Advanced Lash Booster - Great mascara, add's lots of length
3 - HourGlass Film Noir - Great for length, volume and defining
4 - Blinc Kiss Me - I've read it clumps, and isn't that great at all. No good reviews found.
5 - Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash - Lengthens and holds curl well, read mixed reviews
6 - Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume - Very defining, good length, a bit flaky
7 - Too Faced LashLight - Something neat, this has a little light built in! I however read bad reviews of this clumping quite a bit, and adds very little volume and length.
8 - Buxom Lash - Makes lashes fuller and longer, doesn't clump, and free of harsh chemicals
9 - Benefit BadGal Lash - Perfect amount of volume and length, gives great curl.
10 - Josie Maran GOGO Natural Volume - Free of harsh chemicals, moisturizes lashes, makes lashes look feathered, lots of mixed reviews.

I'm most excited about Buxom Lash, Benefit BadGal Lash, HourGlass Film Noir and Sephora Advanced Lash. They had the best reviews.

I also got three Sephora brand products to try out.

I got the Loose Powder Mineral Foundation and Mineral Matte Setting Powder. The foundation was on sale for $12, the setting powder was $23. The foundation is a little dark for me, but I plan on using these in the summer when my skin is a little more oily. I also picked up a Eyeliner Transformer. Basically it's a clear coat eyeliner, and you put it in eyeshadow, and TA-DA! Liquid Liner! The brush is a bit thick though, more so because of the shape of my eyes. I really like it for eyebrows though.

Well guys, that's it for what I got! As I use the mascara and the new foundation set more, I'll give you guys an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...