Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rimmel Stir It Up Eyeshadows + Swatches

I've seen these on the shelves in drugstores for years, and never paid much attention. I recently used the Too Faced Galaxy Glam Eyeshadow, and figured I'd open my mind up to more eye shadows that are multicolored. A few weeks back, my fiance had also seen them, and thought they were neat, so I figured it was time to give them a try.

I purchased 3, Out Of The Blue, As If.. and Sure. I paid a ridiculous $9.99 CAD each for these. I had a hard time choosing (and guessing what they would look like), so I just got the 3 I was stuck deciding about. I've always been weary about cream eyeshadows. I had tried Rimmel's Metallic Eye Gloss, which was terrible and creased. A few years later, I tried the Rimmel Colour Mousse, which was a fantastic non creasing product!



When first swatched it on my hand, I thought "WOW, so much pigment, so much colors at once!". That was short lived excitement. As well as they blended, and as great as they looked, they creased within an hour. I tried everything! I used primer under them, didn't work.! So I tried a different approach - putting a light, translucent shadow over top to help set it. Didn't work!  I also found this product to be very greasy. I think the only use for these is for lining the tops of your eyes, or using on the outer corner's (although they might just melt off your face!).

Sadly, I have to recommend on not purchasing these. The colour is beautiful, but they just don't last, you won't even make it out of your house without creasing!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that's a shame.
    I find that Rimmel is really hit-and-miss, I find. I love their eyeliners, though.
    Sorry to hear you spent all that money on makeup you don't like :\
    Hopefully your next adventure is better :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...