Thursday, January 20, 2011

Clean & Clear Morning Burst - Empty bottle review!

As I mentioned before, I had started using the Morning Burst Facial Scrub and Facial Cleanser. I'm completely finished the bottle of facial scrub, the cleanser however, I don't ever want to touch again.

Facial Scrub: This is an okay exfoliator. It's soft and not harsh on the face, which allowed me to use it more frequently on problem area's with blackheads. What set it apart from other exfoliators is that it's creamy as well, not just a dry paste with sand or salt. It does however have polyethylene (plastic) beads and methyl lactate, a form of menthol, that irritates the skin a bit.

Facial Cleanser: This product had nothing to offer, but an annoying dose of menthol. It's basically a thick gel with "beads" in it. It doesn't really get foamy, and doesn't even feel like it's cleany. My face actually felt less clean after using it. I've never really battled dry skin much, but this definitely dried my skin out an INSANE amount. It did nothing for dirt either. I always put my cleanser to the test: use it while make-up is on, then use make-up remover on a cotton ball and see how much make-up is left. This failed the test, horribly. I also have a blackhead problem, and this stuff never helped. The only thing I remotely liked about this product was the refreshing smell.

I recommend skipping both products, and the whole Morning burst line for that matter. Everything contains fragrance and menthol (and irritating amount) and will irritate skin. If your looking for a soft creamy cleanser like the facial cleanser, I recommend trying Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Cream Cleanser. It's what I've switched to, and I LOVE the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...